COVID 19 Update
In these uncertain times of a worldwide pandemic, L’Opéra hopes all its dear patrons are staying safe and in good health.
Many of you are relishing L’Opéra’s offering of pastries, cakes, savouries, biscuits, preserves, Viennese and breads, from the comfort of your home. We would like to reassure you that L’Opéra never compromises on hygiene and cleanliness standards. Quality and Excellence are two of L’Opéra’s core values which we emphasis even more during the current pandemic.
All L’Opéra staff working at the Production Facility and handling L’Opéra products are trained about the COVID-19 pandemic and its prevention (i.e.: following high standards of personal and collective hygiene, cleaning and sanitisation of the production tools and facility and following social distancing).
Below are some of the measures L’Opéra is rigorously following.
Personal Hygiene of Food Handlers
- Washing hands with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitising hands with alcohol based hand sanitiser.
- Wearing face mask, gloves and clean protective clothing within the food premises.
- Ensuring the covering of mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing or sneezing.
- Food Production area, equipment and utensils are properly washed and sanitied in regular intervals, several times per day, using hot water and cleaning agents.
Cleaning of Production Area
- Various areas of the Production Centre (such as food preparation area, stores, packaging area, waste disposal area, etc.) are cleaned with soap and water, followed by disinfection several times evey day.
- Equipment, containers, utensils, cutlery, etc are cleaned thoroughly with soap and hot water (above 60°C).
- High touch points (such as elevator buttons, handrails/ handles and call buttons, etc) are cleaned twice daily.
- All cleaning equipment, cloth, mops, reusable protective gear such as boots, gloves etc. are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use and prior to use in another area.
- Delivery/transport vehicles are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Drivers, loaders and other support staff maintain high standards of personal hygiene. They use alcohol-based hand sanitizers and wear face masks during their delivery tours.
Standard Operating Procedures are in place to monitor the health of L’Opéra staff.